Dreamer's World June 15, 2018 - Memories Of School Days

    Sometimes I look around me and see things that make me think back to my childhood. One of those is the kids going to school every day around here. The thing about that is that where I grew up, we were always out of school by the middle of May. It seems weird to see kids still in school in the middle of June. I know that we always started school in August.
    Those days are long gone. Life has moved on when viewed in hindsight. I remember days spent in elementary school. The first building I attended school in was ancient at the time, it still had the antique desks that were bolted to the floor. The seat formed the front of the desk behind you. It was really weird having these seats in the 1970s.
    
Eventually, the old building was torn down, and a new, modern school was built. This one was the “open school” concept plan that was popular in the 1970s.
    By the time I got to Middle School, things had returned to the more traditional modern concept, and that was the case throughout high school. I remember each concept having its ups and downs, and I wonder what environments they use today. Since I don’t have any kids, I really have no idea, but as long as the magic of learning continues, things will be fine.
    That was my trip down Memory Lane for today. If another topic comes up, I will write about it.

Comments

Popular Posts