Dreamer’s World October 06, 2017 – It’s The Little Things


    This morning, I woke up to find Hal The Cat sleeping next to me and to the sound of Spartacus greeting me with a friendly meow to announce that Friday had arrived. I deliberately laid there in bed, soaking in the beautiful feeling from two of The Stooges for a few minutes. I enjoyed the peace and calm, and I knew that this is what I have been searching for. All of the introspection of the last few days suddenly came into focus for me.
    I had to finally get out of bed and take care of my morning absolutions before starting work. There was the typical mountain of emails to get through as I signed into work, and I dutifully responded to the high priority issues and set the less critical emails aside to deal with later in the day. I met Hal (person) in the kitchen and my day improved yet again. I do miss sleeping together, but as we have gotten older, our backs have taken separate journeys, and there is just no mattress that we can both agree on that will give us both relief from our occasional aches and pains. This makes the first meeting of the morning that much more special.
    The Stooges joined us in the kitchen, creeping around and between our feet as Hal (person) and I enjoyed our morning hug. After all, it was time for their breakfast as well as ours. I reluctantly left the kitchen to return to work, knowing that I have to complete yet another draft for a project that is looming over me before a review meeting this afternoon. Once I have completed that meeting and noted the suggested improvements for the target audience, my 3-day weekend will commence.

    I saw only a little of the news online this morning, and that was more than enough to convince me that I didn’t need to see any more for a while. I don’t want the problems of the world to intrude on my own little private Idaho. The feelings I have described have been missing from my life for too long, and I am not letting them go without a fight. I have a sense of Peace this morning that I have been lacking. For now, my search for serenity is over. I suppose the way I am feeling explains why I am hearing the Queen song “Don’t Stop Me Now” over and over in my head this morning. It certainly seems like the anthem for my day, so I don’t mind at all.








Comments

Popular Posts