Dreamer’s World September 11, 2017 – Sensory Overload

    I think that I have found one of the reasons I have been so damned tired recently. The constant shitstorm that passes for the world around us managed to creep into my own little private Idaho. Despite my best efforts, the outside world managed to find the cracks in the walls that I had built, and like water corrupting a dam, my walls began to suffer.
    There is nothing that I learned from these intrusions that I didn’t already know. The NAZI is still in the White House, people are still incredibly stupid and seem to be determined to become even stupider. Hurricanes and earthquakes will happen somewhere in the world, and human suffering will always be the bread and butter of the media. Nothing changes except for the particular examples of these themes. I thought that I had managed to isolate myself successfully and I was happier than I have ever been. My writing was flowing naturally, and I was full of positive energy.
    I need to get back to that place. The realization hit me when I remembered that today is the day when people politicize tragedy to promote their agendas of hate and war. My instinct is to ignore these subliminal attempts to hijack my mind, and that is what made me think about the other things mentioned above. My broken walls need serious repair. I am leaving the TV OFF today and will try to keep that going for the next several days. No amount of information overload will change the shitstorm around me, and I know that it does nothing more than distracting me from my own life and make me exhausted.

    I deserve better than this. I am going to rededicate myself to my life, and Hal and The Stooges. Only then will I feel better and enjoy my life as I should. There is plenty of stuff in my daily life to keep me occupied and happy forever. I just have to make the conscious decision to focus on those things and not worry about things that I cannot control.

Comments

Popular Posts