Dreamer’s World September 18, 2017 – Rainy Monday

    Another Monday is here. It seems appropriate that it is rainy and overcast because that suits my mood this morning. I did get to bed early last night, and I probably got at least 8 hours of rest, but I still feel tired today. I also feel disappointed that another weekend has vanished without anything exciting happening.
    I did maintain my TV news boycott as well as not watching any NFL football this weekend. I will be skipping the Monday Night Football game as well. With the treatment of Colin Kaepernick and the total lack of regards for the fans as shown by the league relocating three teams, I feel no loyalty towards them at all.
    I did watch college football on Saturday, but I am not sure how much longer I will keep doing that. The passion has vanished for me, and I don’t understand why. Until recently I was a sports fanatic, but now I find myself caring less and less.
    The job continues to grow. I have additional tasking that I am now responsible for each week. I know that this is a good thing because it proves my value to the company, but I also find myself feeling empty at times about everything. It’s almost like I prefer to feel blue right now. I have to gather enough motivation to get me through today and this evening since I have to take Hal to and from his job after I finish my job this afternoon. I feel like the routine curses me with no means of escape.

    The afternoon has arrived. I have made some tremendous progress on my new tasking, but the feeling of emptiness still lingers. The sun has come out, but I still feel like it is raining. Perhaps this is just one of those times when I need to surrender to the blues and let things sort themselves out. I feel like I am in a boat without any oars, the best thing to do is just to let the currents take me where they will.

Comments

Popular Posts