Dreamer's World October 01, 2018 - Don't Get Stuck In A Rut

Dreamer's World October 01, 2018 - Don't Get Stuck In A Rut
    One of my work computers seems to be stuck in a rut. The computer is going through endless reboots, and there is nothing I can do about it until Wednesday at the earliest when I go to visit the client because it is their laptop. This situation made me think about the way we handle things in our own lives. What do we do when we are stuck in a rut and repeat the same steps over and over?
    While a pattern for our lives is generally a good thing, making ourselves too dependent on that pattern is a mistake. We lose the ability to think on our feet and become paralyzed when the process breaks down, much like the computer. Unlike a computer, we can break free of the broken pattern. Unfortunately, we fall back into the same process far too often.
    I will wait and see if the computer finally breaks free of the routine that has it stumped. But I will also go on with my day on the other laptop because the impediment doesn't exist there. It amazes me to check on the client's machine and see that it is making no progress as I move through my day. I realize that is because I gain perspective on things when I choose to move on with something else rather than focus all my energy on something that is not working. Moving on to other things allows me to see the futility of waiting for something to happen.
    Waiting for something to happen when all the evidence says move on will always be a mistake as far as I am concerned. Time is precious, and we can't waste it on things we cannot control.
    Live life and take charge of things. Enjoy, be kind, and respect one another.


Tags: Life, Post, Writing, Technology
October 01, 2018 at 08:14AM
Open in Evernote

Comments

Popular Posts