To Give

    I just finished my good deed for the day. As I was taking some time to pack things this morning in preparation for the move next Friday, I was going through some old clothes and shoes that I never wear anymore. I decided to pack them up and I dropped them off at the local Goodwill store. It was a great feeling to know that I will help someone in need. Who the person is won't be important, the fact that they will be helped truly is.
    I have been down on my luck in the past, and I truly appreciated those who were willing to help, even in an indirect manner. To be able to give something back means a lot to me. I look at it as continuing the pattern of people helping people. It is such a small thing to do, I could have easily just thrown the old clothes and shoes away without so much as a second thought. Luckily, I remembered that there are people who need help and that I was in the position to do so.
    I wonder why so many people have fallen into the RWNJ (Right-Wing Nut Job) type of mindset where they feel zero responsibility or accountability to their fellow persons. I think that this is a tremendous problem with America right now. People do make mistakes, but they should never be regarded as defective or disposable just to keep one's own sense of greed justified.
    The next time you have the chance to do something to help others, don't let that opportunity pass you by. The feeling you will have afterward is remarkable, but most importantly, someone will be the beneficiary of your kindness and concern.

Comments

Popular Posts