Dreamer’s World December 04, 2017 - Deadlines

    “I guess Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.” This is one of my favorite quotes from the movie “Airplane 2, ” and it instantly sprang to mind this morning when I combined the start of work with the daily picture of Snoopy And The Gang. I found myself with an unexpected deadline looming over me. This was the result of decisions made at the company offices in California on Friday afternoon their time, long after I had completed my own work week here on the East Coast.
    I made up my mind that the topic for today would be Deadlines. Then I walked into the other room to arrange Snoopy And The Gang for their picture, and when I turned over the daily notecard, I was presented with “Happiness Is A New Day” staring back at me. I found myself smiling at the irony of the situation where someone could institute a deadline for Friday that I would not see until Monday.
    How they will deal with my alleged tardiness in completing the assignment is not my concern. This is far from the first time that something like this has happened to me. I am not a person who normally stresses over a deadline, and today was no exception. I wonder how people live when they constantly put pressure on themselves and others with arbitrary deadlines?
    I am a Type B personality, but I do like to stay ahead of things to avoid the daily stress of having deadlines imposed on me. It gives me time to be more creative if I am not continually responding to these deadlines. I get more done each day by taking things at my own pace and staying ahead of things.

    Deadlines might prove useful to some people, but I am not one of them.

Comments

Popular Posts