Dreamer’s World December 07, 2017 – Hectic Week Returns To Normal

    This week has been extremely busy up until now. Monday was almost normal, but I had to make sure that everything was up to date because I was taking the day off on Tuesday for a medical appointment as well as taking Hal to one of his own. We now have the same physician, and that makes things easier since Hal can no longer drive.
    We made the best of the day together after the morning appointments. I had to fast before my appointment, and that always puts me in a very foul mood. Luckily, both of our appointments were early, and we were finished by 0800. After a late breakfast, we decided to take a trip to IKEA since we could avoid the traffic. I am surprised that we didn’t by more stuff than we did. We walked out with only a few items that were inexpensive. Afterwards, we stopped for a late lunch and returned home for a quiet night.
    Wednesday was the day for the company holiday party. This meant that I had to commute to the weekly meeting with the client and then travel to the party in the afternoon rather than coming back home for work. I didn’t mind the time at the party, but it did make getting home in the late afternoon an adventure. Luckily, one of the employees from the other company groups lives reasonably close, so he let me ride with him to get back to my car since it allowed him to use HOV for the trip. I made it home around 1800 and spent the rest of the evening with Hal And The Stooges.
    Today I have been making sure that everything is all set for my morning meeting. Once that is over with, I have the regular round of afternoon meetings to sit through before finishing the day. I don’t think that we will be going anywhere or doing anything after work, but I am prepared just in case.
    Tomorrow I will take Hal to his eye doctor appointment in the morning. I will be working remotely with my laptop during that time, so there should be no problem with staying productive. Thankfully, Friday is also my early day at work, and I will be finished at 1430, so I can then start my weekend. Of course, that involves taking Hal to and from work both Saturday and Sunday, but I am used to that routine.

    There are times when I wish that things would happen to break up the routine. When they do occur, I find myself scrambling to accommodate those changes. I guess this proves that I am never satisfied, even when things are going well. Perhaps I should be more grateful for the life that I have, rather than wishing for something else with no guarantees of happiness.

Comments

Popular Posts