Dreamer’s World January 03, 2018 – Working Through The Aftermath Of Insomnia

    Today started extremely early for me. I went to bed early last night and awoke around 0200 and knew that my old friend Insomnia had returned. I was never able to get back to sleep, so I spent the overnight hours writing a few blog posts to keep my mind focused. The only reason I worked today was that I canceled my trip to the client’s office due to the extreme cold and the lack of desire to stand around waiting for buses and trains in single-digit temperatures. Other than that there were no vital issues that I had to deal with.
    I hope that last night was the only visit I will receive from my old friend Insomnia. Quite frankly, he is not welcome around here. Although Hal The Cat kept me company through the night, I would much rather have gotten a good night of rest.
    Hal The Cat was terrific as he spent his night with me. He usually sleeps with me, and he doesn’t understand why I don’t sleep in the middle of the night. I envy him the ability just to curl up and take a nap whenever he wants to.
    One possible cause of the insomnia is that I took my nighttime BG meds earlier and I did notice symptoms of low BG when I woke up in the middle of the night. Therefore, I will take medicine earlier again tonight, but at a lower dosage to see how that works for me. I know that things change over time, and this might be an example of that. I think that it might be the cause of insomnia, but the only way to find that out is to try the proposed solution. I informed Hal (person) about what I thought, and he agreed that I should attempt the new plan tonight.
    I did write a blog post or two as mentioned earlier. I wrote the posts using Google Docs because I wanted something different to stimulate me as I wrote. I still prefer MS Word to utilize Grammarly as I type, so I think that I will keep this method of writing for the time being. I am comfortable with the writing process I have established, and I am not in the mood to change it right now.
    Reading the last 2 paragraphs made me notice that in one instance I am willing to change, but not in the other. Just another example of how fickle we can all be. The medical issue is one that demands a more immediate response while the writing situation is one that can naturally wait. The logic is perfect, but it does point out how we make our decisions based on how something affects us in both the long and short-term.
    I hope that the remainder of the week will pass by quickly. The best way for that to happen is for me to get some sleep tonight. I hate feeling exhausted by 0800 in the morning. At least I was able to focus on getting through the day without tons of meetings. There are no plans to go anywhere after work, and I don’t want to anyway.

     

Comments

Popular Posts