Dreamer's World September 15, 2018 - Insomnia Again

Dreamer's World September 15, 2018 - Insomnia Again

I have been awake for 3 hours and it is 0530 in the morning. Insomnia has returned for another visit and I am powerless against it right now. Rather than spend this time wondering why I cannot sleep, it is better to enjoy the silence and come to terms with things as they are.
At various times during my vigil, each of the Stooges has visited me. Hal The Cat is the most frequent visitor, for long periods he never leaves my side and talks to me through sound and gesture. Stevie Nicks has come around a few times as she makes her nightly rounds of the apartment. She also has spent time with me and showed her affection and concern. Spartacus has visited once, he sleeps very soundly and because he is older, he doesnt wander around as much anymore.
I appreciate their companionship, it makes the passage of time more pleasant for me, and I hope, for them as well. Hal (person) is asleep because he has to go to work later this morning and I dont want to disturb him. I watched a little TV to see how Florence has affected North and South Carolina, but the news quickly became repetitive and I turned the TV off. That is how I came to sit here typing and thinking on this very early Saturday morning.
As I type, I look around and realize just how lucky we are to be safe from the storms that affect so many other people. I am not referring to Florence as I write this, I am thinking about people who may not be as fortunate, those who are hurting, those who are alone. At times like this, I feel like I have excess capacity for empathy toward others. I know from experience that I cannot solve the problems of the world, or of most people in the world. Hell, at times I seem to be barely able to deal with my own issues. That doesn't stop me from feeling a connection to the world on a solitary night with no sleep.


Tags: Post
September 15, 2018 at 05:37PM
Open in Evernote

Comments

Popular Posts