Dreamer's World September 18, 2018 - Thunderstorms

Dreamer's World September 18, 2018 - Thunderstorms
    Last night as I went to bed, I was treated to a light show as a thunderstorm passed through the area. It was so beautiful to lay in the dark and listen to the thunder and see the lightning flash through the windows. The scene reminded me of an old black-and-white horror movie from the 1930s that we see on TCM. There were no ghosts or monsters to be afraid of, and everything was peaceful apart from the thunder.
    I fell asleep to the sound of rain against the window and woke up this morning to see that things are still so wet that the window screens have held onto moisture since the storm ended. The thunderstorms have passed, but we are not done with the rain yet. I have given up hope of ever seeing the sun again. The long-range forecast keeps changing to promise even more rain and gloomy weather for the next week or so.
    Like the weather, I am stuck in a pattern that I want to break. I am tired of the routine around here. I need a change to break the monotony of things. I never have enough time to do all the things that I want.
    I need a type of thunderstorm in my life to feel alive again.


Tags: Life, Post, Routine, Rain, Storms
September 18, 2018 at 11:50AM
Open in Evernote

Comments

Popular Posts