Dreamer's World September 30, 2018 - No Snap Decisions For Me

Dreamer's World September 30, 2018 - No Snap Decisions For Me

    I am notorious for making snap decisions, at least that is what my friends say. I suppose that from their perspective this is a true statement, but honestly I almost never make a snap decision. I am methodical about analyzing the issue at hand, determining why I feel the need to make a change, and then starting research about the best way to get to the point I want to be.
    As you can tell, my decision-making process is very deliberate and somewhat time-consuming, but it has always worked for me. Perhaps the reason my friends see me as making snap decisions is because I normally keep all of the decision-making steps very private. I do this for several reasons.
    First, and most important, the decision is mine to make. I seldom ask advice unless I know someone else who has gone through the same thing. With the circle of friends that Hal and I have, this means that almost never happens. Hal and I seem to have a completely different set of priorities from our friends, and I don’t mind that at all. Since the decision is none of their business, they don’t need to know anything until after the fact, if they even notice it then.
    Second, I prefer to be an individual. I like being different in many ways. Conformity is BORING!!! I seldom ask anyone other than Hal about decisions or choices, and that is because I love and respect him and don't want anything to affect our relationship in a bad way. Once again, the choice to be an individual means that I am not as concerned with what friends will think. After all, I never pontificate about choices that they make. I keep friendships on an even keel as much as possible.
    I am in my 50's, but I feel like a kid in so many ways. I firmly believe that my choices help with this feeling. Friends who act surprised are most often the type of people who are so set in their own routines that they never stray from them. Sadly, most of them seem so much older than me, although many of them are at least 10 years younger. The friends that are my age or older are even more set in their ways. I respect all of them and their choices. I simply believe that I deserve the same consideration.
    I don't make snap decisions. I thought about this blog post for 2 days before I started to write, and the time spent contemplating what I wanted to say has produced an even presentation, devoid of knee-jerk reactions that are so often the result of snap decisions.

Enjoy your life, be kind, make your choices, and don't be afraid of exploring new things.



Tags: Life, Post, Friends, Writing, Relationship, Choices
September 30, 2018 at 11:23AM
Open in Evernote

Comments

Popular Posts