The Gathering Storm

As the RWNJ government shutdown endures, I have to express a certain level of uncertainty about the future before a resolution is reached, and indeed, even afterwards.

This country is moving quickly towards a mentality that expresses itself in violence if things do not go exactly as planned. Nowhere is this more evident than in the RWNJ Teahadist community. The tragedy of a mentally unstable woman yesterday put DC into a panic mode, and yet this was an isolated incident in which no one other than the woman herself was killed. This does not diminish the tragedy of that one person, or of her child who will now face an uncertain future. It does throw into sharp relief that problem that we have with random violence.

Clearly the woman needed help, I cannot say for certain how much help she had access to, or took advantage of. The deeper problem is the cycle of violence. My initial thought yesterday afternoon was that there was some lunatic with a gun who had gone to Capitol Hill to make a point.

I wrote earlier this week about the unease I felt being around a group of RWNJ. Their anger was tangible, and I fear that sooner or later, someone is going to act out their fantasy solution to our problems with a gun and that there will be a large number of people who die as a result. I really hate feeling this way, but I cannot help but think that there will be violence.

I have the uneasy feeling that the longer the shutdown goes on, the more likely a violent incident becomes.

Comments

Popular Posts