Dreamer's World March 26 2016





Today is a day for me to rest and relax and do things that I have wanted to all week long. I busted my ass all week on the job and I am nearly at the end of my rope right now. I know that all of my efforts aren't in vain, but there are times when the end game just seems so far away from me that I start to work too hard and think that will get me there quicker. This is always a dangerous time for me. It generally means that I truly need some time off work and away from the everyday routine.
There was some pleasant news last night. I reconnected with a girl I grew up with. We went to school together but it has been years since we spoke to one another. After some initial texting through FaceBook messenger, she called me. I am glad to report that we spoke for over an hour, and I know how much better I felt afterwards, I hope that the feeling was mutual on her part.
I have decided that the 16,000 steps are not happening today. I spent the afternoon being quiet here at home until Hal (person) arrived after work. We are ordering pizza for the evening and are staying right here. Since Hal (person) has tomorrow off work, we will get out then. I am content with my decision to take a day away from everything that I normally deal with because I need the time for recovery and relaxation more than anything else right now.
Hal the Cat is relaxing next to me as I write this. He is perfectly content with his life and I need to follow that example more often with my own life. There are plenty of opportunities to do everything, but very few in which we can just live.

As evening settles in and we have had our pizza for dinner, I am growing very tired. We were listening to some Jazz until Hal's brother called him. As Hal (person) went to the other room to take the call, I decided to write some more before I get too tired to go on. I am going to take a nice hot shower in a few minutes and will probably end up in bed very early tonight. I want to feel totally rested for tomorrow since Hal (person) and I will have the entire day together at last!

Comments

Popular Posts