Dreamer’s World November 06, 2017 – Starting Over Again

    As I look out of the window this morning at 0700, the tree outside the window is clearly visible with all of its leaves turning brown. I suppose that this is the only benefit of the time change this weekend because I hate losing the daylight after work. On the other hand, I know that as it gets darker once again early in the morning with the shorter days that it actually indicates that Spring will be the next season to look forward to. I leave Winter out for now because we have no idea what that has in store for us here in the DMV.
    And so, the week begins. At least it will be a short one since Friday will be a holiday, giving me a three day weekend. I am looking forward to that because it will provide Hal and I some time together for a change. Hal still doesn’t know his exact schedule for Thanksgiving, but he is supposed to be going to visit family in Florida that week. Since one of his relatives is in charge of things, he probably doesn’t know all the details yet. The logistics here will involve getting Hal to the airport, so I hope that he will know something a few days in advance.
    I am expecting a quiet week at work with the holiday on Friday. There are no pressing issues right now, I completed my tasking about a week early, so I am left with the more mundane everyday jobs to occupy my time this week. I am glad because I needed some slow time. I still have not managed to arrange for a mental health day because there is so much planning going on for the next company reporting period, and that means endless rounds of conference calls that I must participate in.

    I don’t want to write about the news of the world. Suffice it to say that I sm just sick and tired the same tragedies followed by the same lack of action even to try to prevent the next one. I want my focus to remain on life here at home, on Hal and The Stooges, and on doing our best to be happy.

Comments

Popular Posts