Dreamer’s World November 19, 2017 – Happiness Is Writing Your Own Story Each Day

    Once again, Snoopy And The Gang have come to my rescue. Every day is a story to tell if we only take the time and effort to recognize and appreciate it. I have often struggled with ideas for my blog, and I have fallen off the daily posting habit that I was in for a long time. I felt like I was simply repeating myself, but that is just part of the story of my life. I needed to focus on the things that happen to me each and every day and let those things write themselves.
 After a busy day yesterday that included dealing with a terribly painful charlie horse cramp, I made it an early evening and didn’t stay up late. This made Hal question me because I normally stay up late on Saturday night. I told him that the Charlie horse cramp felt much better after he massaged it for 15 minutes (and it truly did), but that I just wanted to go to bed and get some rest. I took him to work and picked him up yesterday, and I will be doing the same again today. That is the weekend routine that I have, minus the cramp, and I am adjusted to it, but that doesn’t mean that I cannot make a slight change every now and then.
    The only new thing is that I have a new blood glucose meter to try out this morning. I will see how the readings are compared to the old one and then make up my mind about which one to keep. I do believe that technology keeps improving, and I do want the most accurate readings that I can get.
    I took Hal to work, and then I toyed with the idea of going somewhere for brunch. I decided against it and just came back home to write and spend time with The Stooges. Some people might find this routine rather boring, but I know from experience that there are far worse ways to occupy my time. I am no longer lonely. I spent far too many years alone, and that took its toll on me. When I met Hal, it took a while for me to open up entirely and to settle down into a real relationship. Now, nearly 18 years later, I can honestly say that I have never been happier.
    Even the time with The Stooges is a joy. Although they are all asleep, I find being around them very comforting. I would not change my life for anything. I can relax and have this time to appreciate things rather than being caught up in some endless and futile chase of something that I think I want.
    After I picked Hal up from work, we came home and relaxed. We ended the evening watching movies together on the couch along with The Stooges. A great weekend finally came to an end.

    

Comments

Popular Posts