Dreamer’s World November 17, 2017 – Happiness Is Being A Little Quirky

    Once again, Snoopy And The Gang have inspired me for today's blog post. I find it refreshing to be a little quirky from time to time. OK, probably more like being always quirky, but that is part of the adventure we call life. Life is too short to be spent conforming every single minute we all need the spontaneity and the serendipity to spice things up and make things more interesting.
    Last night, I went with Hal to look for a new suit. I found one that was conformative enough, but of course, I had to find something that will make the suit stand out. I decided to purchase a pair of bright red suspenders to go with the gray suit. The sales lady at Macy's looked rather surprised when I emerged from the fitting room with the new ensemble. With a smile, she said that she liked the look. It was bold and unique, and that was something that she seldom saw when men came in to try on and purchase new suits. I knew at that point that I had made the right decision.
    I felt thrilled with my new suit and suspenders, and I am looking forward to seeing the reactions when I visit the client on the Wednesday after Thanksgiving. It won't be to everyone’s taste, but I didn’t buy it for everyone, I bought it for me. I remember advice from my parents and also from Hal that it is always best to give people something to talk about instead of them finding something on their own. Being a little quirky has its advantages.
    Conformity is something that I consciously try to avoid. I had my time in the Navy, and that convinced me that I had to be more expressive. In fact, it is one of the reasons that I started this blog, and today I feel that it is truly fulfilling its purpose in my life. I want to make my life as much of an adventure as I possibly can and to have a great time doing so.

    I learned years ago that the opinion of others is important, but it is more important that those opinions be of me and my individuality rather than how well I conform.

Comments

Popular Posts