Dreamer’s World August 03, 2017 – Feeling Better After A Good Night Of Sleep

    I slept for nearly 9 hours last night, and I feel so much better this morning as a result. I needed that rest this morning since there have been all sorts of system problems as I started work. I had to cancel my weekly meeting invite after a long time, and a new one sent out to accommodate updates to the system, and that has been a real pain in the ass. At least I made the necessary updates and got the invitations out on time this morning. I will conduct the meeting and make any necessary changes.
    Today will be the last busy day of the week. In addition to the normal workload, I have to submit my self-assessment for the last three months as part of the company process. I dislike writing my assessment because I hate writing about myself regarding what I do to get a raise. It seems like a no-win situation because if I write a terrific review, I know it will be slashed to make it more “realistic.” That is to say; the company will edit it down to justify a smaller raise. If I write a mediocre assessment; the company will be more than willing to accept it and give me a smaller raise.
    Once the workday is complete, I will go to the Chiropractor and Acupuncturist for a visit. I know I will feel better afterward. It will take away most of the stress that I have accumulated over the last few weeks. After those appointments, I will probably come home and go to bed early unless Hal has other plans and needs to go out. Since he cannot drive after sunset due to his vision, I will always be his chauffeur.
    The more I think about things, the less likely it is that I am going anywhere after work other than my appointments unless Hal wants to do something. I need to save money, and the best way to do that is to stay right here at home. I am very fortunate to be in the position I am. There is no reason to mess things up by wasting money.

    Having said that, Hal and I did end the evening at one of the local Indian restaurants with a wonderful dinner together.

Comments

Popular Posts