Dreamer's World August 15 2017 - The Best-Laid Plans

      We all need the right tools to write our personal blogs. Often we go through phases where we are completely convinced that we have found the perfect tools to make creating the blog posts easier. It seems like every time we find that perfect tool, something inevitably goes wrong. This is the case I have just gone through with this blog.
   I use a variety of software apps to write. Often the tools I use at any given time depending on what platform I am writing from at the time. Whether I am writing from a PC, my iMac, or scribbling something down on my phone, I always try to find the set of tools that will allow me to seamlessly move from one platform to another while writing the same post. Normally, this saves time and effort and generally makes writing easier. Until it doesn't.
   Because I spend so much of my day at work on a PC, I began to use OneDrive from Microsoft to start my blog posts. It worked well for me and allowed me to send my completed posts off without a lot of extra effort. Last Friday I noticed that there was a problem syncing my OneDrive. It has gotten worse, and this morning I am completely giving up on OneDrive until I can find a solution to the problem. I have gone back to Google Docs for now and am adjusting to the little quirks that I had forgotten.
   I really like to use the Grammarly app to check my spelling and context as I write, but there is no direct plug-in for Chrome at this time. To get around this problem, I am typing the post directly into the Grammarly app, and then I will copy and paste (ugh) it to Google Docs and then publish from there. This means remembering a new set of steps that I have to take to publish a blog post,
   I am a creature of habit. The longer it takes to resolve the OneDrive issue, the more likely I will resist moving things back to OneDrive. I wish that I was a programmer/developer so I could make a system that worked seamlessly and I would never have to go through this disruption to my routine again. Until then, I will memorize this system and make the best of it.

Comments

Popular Posts