Dreamer's World May 22, 2018 - A Rough Start To What Will Be A Long Day

    I didn’t sleep well last night. My BG plummeted and woke me at around 0230 this morning. It was around 0400 before I managed to get back to sleep before the alarm sounded at 0600. To make things worse, as I was experiencing the BG plummet, I had an intensely painful muscle cramp, or Charlie horse, in the back of my leg that I am still feeling this morning.
    After a night like that, I was sorely tempted to call in sick today. The only thing that stopped me is that I work from home and if I am able to make it to the computer, it is a waste actually to take the day off. I will try to get through the day and be productive. At least I won't have to take Hal to and from work this evening so I can look forward to some rest. I hope that means a good night of sleep as well. I predict a usual day here at work. Honestly, I am not well-equipped to handle a crisis at all today. I just want to make the best of the ay here at work and then rest afterward.
    This will be a day where music will get me through. I haven’t decided on a playlist yet, but I will very soon. Jazz is always my first choice, but Classical and Blues are both very appealing to me as well.
    Jazz won out, as it often does with me. I feel better with music playing this morning as I deal with emails and phone calls. It is raining outside, I can hear it against the window, and it does provide a soothing backdrop.
    After a year, I still love the Google Home Max. I cannot imagine listening to my music on a small speaker anymore. If they were less expensive, I would get a second Google Home Max for the living room.
    As lunch ends, the endless afternoon cycle of meetings begins. This means I must stop listening to my precious music and instead, listen to people whose only goal in life is to argue with each other. I would rather not attend these meetings, but I have no choice in the matter.
    I will find out if Hal wants to do anything, or go anywhere after work. I am indifferent right now, but I will do whatever Hal decides.
   

Comments

Popular Posts