Dreamer's World July 23, 2018 - It's Raining Again

Dreamer's World July 23, 2018 - It's Raining Again
    I woke up this morning to get ready for work and heard the sound of rain falling against the windows. This situation seems to be the new normal around here. For the last week, we have had rain almost every day, and most of the time it has been heavy downpours. My cell phone is constantly shrieking at me to announce the latest flash flood watches and warnings. I have the lights on in the bedroom as I am working because the skies are so dark right now that it still seems like nighttime at 0700 in the morning when there should be light outside.
    If the weather hasn’t already affected my mood, it is probably just a matter of time before it does. I have to get through today at work and then take Hal to his job this evening. After I drop Hal off, I am going to see about finding a new Yamaha musical keyboard at one of the local music stores, provided things haven't washed away by that time. My musical adventure has brought me inner peace, and I am grateful. I will continue this journey for a long time to come.
    I find that I am still at peace this morning. Nothing that the NAZI in the White House does to upset people on a daily basis affects me instantly. The constant reaction to his stupidity just reinforces my desire to create that small happy place to live in. I seldom watch any news these days. I read to get my information, and I feel better as a result.
    I feel great about my life and the things that I have control over. As the skies finally begin to lighten to a paler shade of gray outside, I am happy.


Tags: Life, Post, Happiness, Rain
July 23, 2018 at 08:14AM
Open in Evernote

Comments

Popular Posts