Dreamer's World August 19 2016 - Farewell, Evernote

As I ended the day at work early this afternoon I came to an important decision regarding my writing. I have deleted my Evernote account effective immediately. I had read up on the staggering price increase that was due to hit me in a few months time, and I decided that there was no more reason to wait to simply cancel Evernote and be done with them.
Surprisingly, the decision came rather quickly. In less than 5 minutes, I had made up my mind. I began by making sure that all of my notes had been saved to another location (I did this regularly), and then I proceeded to delete all of my notebooks and notes from Evernote. At the conclusion of that effort, I finally hit “Submit” on the “Delete my account” button.
And I was done that quickly. There was no time to feel panic or anxiety over my decision. I am glad that things went so smoothly for me. Evernote has been a wonderful tool for my writing, but it has outlived its usefulness if it thinks that I will accept a 50% price increase each and every year!
I started with Evernote back in 2013. At that time, there were not nearly as many options available for getting my blog into a proper format. For the time being, I will be using Google Docs to compose my blog and then I will use the old cut-and-paste to get the entries to both WordPress and Blogger. I have thought about using OneNote to work on my blog, but the link to WordPress and Blogger never seems to work for me and I am out of patience right now to keep fighting with it. Perhaps I will try again at some point in the future, but Friday evening is here and it is time to relax.

Comments

Popular Posts