Dreamer's World June 06 2016 -




Mondays are always rough. I spent the early morning at the client's office in order to get my laptop back after software updates were installed over the weekend. I hope that this will be the end of the computer troubles, but I won't make that pronouncement just yet. Since arriving home and logging on to the laptop, I have received several mandatory reboot notifications. I hope that this does not indicate further problems with the machine, but if it does my options are very limited. I will have to begin asking for help with tasking, rescheduling or canceling meetings, and traveling beck to the client's offices in order to once again attempt to repair the laptop. For that reason alone, I am hoping that things are repaired properly.
If the laptop behaves properly, I can manage to catch up on things that were missed on Friday and also prepare for tomorrow's rounds of meetings. In the meantime, as the laptop goes through the mandatory reboot cycle, I can take a few minutes to write about things on my mind.
First and foremost is the fact that 72 years ago today, brave Americans, British and Canadians stormed the beaches in Normandy on D-Day. I find it worth remembering because today we face the very real prospect of having a modern-day NAZI as our next President. What has happened to this country when this is one of the awful choices that we have for our next leader?
I digress, that question is best left for another time. The fact that I am here today with the freedoms that I have is a direct result of those who gave their lives all those years ago.

Comments

Popular Posts