Dreamer's World September 20 2016 - Staying Positive

I believe that I have discovered one of the main reasons that I have had such a hard time writing recently. My back is feeling better, but still acts up from time to time, but that was something that was more of an excuse not to write. I believe that all of the negativity in the world was wearing me down. It seems impossible to find good things with all the shit that is being thrown around these days.
I have noticed that almost everything has gone downhill as the election approaches. At times, I wonder just how much worse things can get and how much worse people can be towards each other before we reach the point of irreparable harm to ourselves and each other? I am not blameless in this, I have vented my own frustrations but I have tried to keep them away from the personal hatred aspect that seems to be so popular these days.
Luckily, none of this actually involves this blog and that is why it came as a surprise to me when I realized after a particularly nasty series of online days, that all of that negative energy was sucking the life out of me. It was taking time and effort away from this blog, which I love writing. It will take some time to try and purge the negativity out of my system because it has just been stored there for so long. I believe that one of the steps I have to take has already been accomplished, and that was to turn OFF the TV and the wretched MSM. I believe that the second step will be to dial back my online presence in areas such as Twitter. I realize that there are so many people saying so many things that can make my blood boil, but reacting to them only hurts myself.
I also realize that I have neglected reading the blogs of those who have chosen to follow this one. To all of you, I admire the gift that you seem to exercise so freely. Your blogs are all wonderful examples of writing, at time my own blog seems rather dull and mundane by comparison. I want to work to improve my own blog in the hopes that it will somehow measure up more favorably against all of yours. I mean these words as a totally sincere and heartfelt compliment.
My life is my own. From that basic premise, I have to decide what makes it worthwhile. For me, I choose to try to help others, to stand up for what is right (not in the political sense), and to do what I can to make the world a better place to live in. I alone decide how I will allow others to impact my life and my feelings. There is no chance that everyone on this planet will ever agree on anything, so the best that any of us can do is to make sure that our own agendas do NOT cause harm to others in order to make ourselves more popular or powerful.
Ideas are the best weapons we have against ignorance and hatred and intolerance and injustice. Love and Respect for each other are the things that allow us to move forward together. In the past I have railed far too often about the examples of hatred, ignorance, intolerance and injustice. There are plenty of bloggers out there who do a far better job at that than I could ever hope to. I want to try to stay positive and focus on what we can all do to move forward.
I can physically feel the pent-up tension leaving me as I type this blog entry. It feels wonderful to finally get all of this off of my chest. I do not want this to be another example of attempting to start something only to have it fall apart through neglect. If you have read this far, a word of encouragement would make my day :)
At any rate, I feel like I have said what I set out to say with this post. I hope that it accomplishes something, but at least it has made me feel more at peace with myself, and that allows me to get on with my life and try to redirect my energies into more positive areas and steer clear of the negativity that was eating away at me.

I hope everyone who reads this will have a great day ;)

Comments

Popular Posts