Taking some time for me

Today is Friday, March 7th and I am at the office as always, or so it seems. The difference is that today I am actually leaving work EARLY this afternoon. I finally decided that I have been too wrapped up with the job and have been neglecting myself as well as Hal. I made the conscious decision to leave early this afternoon. It wasn't difficult since I usually put in plenty of extra time at the job and the boss had no issue with the request.

The very thought of having most of Friday afternoon to do what I want is rather liberating. My plans will definitely include Hal, but I plan to just go home early and surprise him. It has been too long since we both had time off together, and I want to make the most of it since Hal works Saturdays and Sundays.

I have no idea what we will do this afternoon and evening, but it will be nice just being together. I really need to do something like this more often. I am guilty of becoming a slave to my job and always trying to improve things at work. I know deep down inside that this is a futile effort, but it does keep me motivated most of the time. However, it does take a toll on the rest of my life.

I don't really care about the weather forecast for this afternoon. The main thing is to be with Hal and enjoy some extra time together.

Comments

Popular Posts