Dreamer's World December 28 2015 - Meadowlark Lemon





I read something today that makes me feel old. Meadowlark Lemon of the Harlem Globetrotters passed away. I remember my parents taking me to the Owensboro SportsCenter for my birthday in either 1970 or 1971. We had courtside seats and I remember being the unwitting stooge in the water bucket gag. I had the time of my life that day. Meadowlark was holding me up as Curly Neal was threatening to throw the bucket of water on myself and Meadowlark. Of course it was only confetti, but I remember being excited and scared at the same time and I loved every minute of it. Remembering that day brings tears to my eyes because my parents are gone.
The afternoon has arrived. I have had a full day of laughing and crying already. Life is good, we cannot dwell on the past for too long. We must always be looking ahead.


Comments

Popular Posts