Dreamer's World December 13 2015

    
     I did get a good night of sleep once again. This means that I am going to start Sunday morning ready for anything within reason. I don't believe that Hal is going to work today. However, Hal (cat) is wide awake and ready for adventure.




     Hal (cat) is still making adjustments to his new home. He still has growling episodes around Spartacus and Stevie Nicks, but there are not as many fights as there were the first day or so. It is taking a bit longer for Hal (cat) to adjust than I would like, but since Hal (person) is responsible, I am letting him take charge of the efforts. It will all work out in the end.
     I am somewhat surprised to find that Hal (person) is going to work today. That is his call to make, and I hope he is making the right choice. His back is still rather stiff, but he knows what is best for him until proven otherwise. He has to be at work by 1000, so he is nearly ready to leave here at just after 0900. We will all miss him today. I have no plans to get out for any long period of time today since Hal (person) will be at work. I might go out for a short trip, but that is by no means certain. There is nothing that I need today, perhaps it is best that I remain here at home after all. Today is the first day that I am here with the Stooges and Maxwell isn't one of them. We still miss him, and we always will, but he is no longer in any pain and we must be happy about that.
    On a different note, I am still happy overall with things. The medical bills involving Maxwell are already paid, there will be no struggling to pay off those debts from a credit card. I will come through this battered, but not beaten. My savings plan paid off to deal with the emergency, and I am very happy about that. I think back to how sad and depressed I was this time last Sunday caring for Maxwell and realizing that there probably wasn't much that we could do for him. Sadly, we were right. Today, I can visit Hal (cat) in the bedroom where he still spend most of his time.
     Another aspect of things is that Xmas will be very lean around here. Naturally, the money will be tight but we will survive and get back on our feet in 2016. I will take the time this afternoon with Hal (cat) and we will all be waiting for Hal (person) to get home from work later this afternoon.
     The evening has been quiet and peaceful. Hal (cat) is slowly getting used to the place and will eventually begin to venture out from the bedroom on his own to encounter Spartacus and Stevie Nicks more often. As some jazz plays softly in the background, it is time for a shower and then time to get ready for bed.  Good Night.  

Comments

Popular Posts