Dreamer's World May 01 2016 - Slowly Recovering


My recovery from last week continues today. I slept for nearly 11 hours last night, and I woke feeling much better, but still exhausted. I deliberately took things slowly today. I went to Costco and then grabbed some lunch before coming home, where I have been all afternoon. Perhaps Hal (person) and I will go for our normal Sunday evening half-price pizza night out, perhaps not. I personally don't see it making any difference in how I feel right now.
Tomorrow will be a very busy day since there is work that I was unable to complete last week due to the contract situation. Of course, I will be working 1 extra hour each day for most of the next 2 weeks in order to take the 13th off as a personal day. It never rains, it always pours at times like this.


One of the things that I did after I got home from Costco to help me relax was to take some time and work on some rudimentary guitar exercises since I am attempting to learn to play the guitar now. I didn't expect this to be easy, that is why I decided to go for it. Just setting aside the fact that I can read music, this is a different animal altogether. I am having to learn to use my hands in an entirely different way from the piano.
The vast differences mean that this will be something that will take time, and that is fine with me. I need something that is challenging in my life that is also something that I have always wanted to do. That will make the effort worthwhile.
After Hal (person) got home, we did make it to City Kitchen for pizza and beer. We always have a tremendous time there and it is an event that, however trivial, we look forward to each Sunday. We are home now, and I am going to take a nice, long, hot shower in order to relax before Game of Thrones later tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts