Dreamer's World January 09, 2018 - The Struggle

    
I got a little bit of sleep after all last night. I think I fell asleep sometime between 0400-0500 and then the alarm went off at 0600 to signify the start of the workday. Several slaps at the snooze button didn't help my mood, nor did it make me feel any more prepared for the day, but I must carry on. I want to save as much vacation time as possible for the warmer weather, and I can usually manage to make it through days like this working from home.
    At least this isn't Monday, according to the calendar, and that means that I only have to survive for 8 hours today, unlike the 9 hours I worked yesterday. In hindsight, it did help that I didn't have to take Hal to and from work yesterday evening. Today poses its challenge. I have to get as much sleep as possible to refresh myself for tomorrows trip to the client's office in the morning.
    I still haven't figured out why Insomnia happened again last night; it is possible that I never will know. I hate going over things in my mind when I am tired, looking for clues to a mystery that has no solution.
    I will make a trip to the grocery store today to pick up a few necessities to get us through the week. It should be a short trip, and I plan to go in the middle of the day around lunchtime to avoid the rush hour traffic this morning. Right now there is  "freezing fog" hovering over the neighborhood, and that will keep me off the roads until it has cleared off. I just went to the window and saw people struggling to get the layer of ice off their windshields so they can get out onto the roads. I consider myself lucky working from home on days like this.

Comments

Popular Posts