Dreamer's World March 31, 2018

  This week has been a very busy one for me. Work was more hectic than usual, there was the self-assessment that had to be done in the close of the current reporting period, which is always fun. I also had to start thinking of new objectives for the next reporting period that starts soon. This was on top of the normal routine work and the crisis phone calls for help from people. To add to all of this, I suffered a major bout of insomnia on Tuesday night and called in sick on Wednesday as a result. I was extremely happy to be finished yesterday.
    The upcoming move to the new apartment continues to hurtle towards us. It will soon be just 2 weeks before the move, this marks the point at which I begin to pack items away and prepare for the move. Hal has already been at it for 2 weeks. I need to conserve my energy for now.
    Hal did get a new cell phone this week, a Samsung Galaxy S9+. While it is a great device, I just have never been a fan of Samsung products. They always make things too complicated for my taste. I prefer my Google Project Fi phone to anything else available right now. Hal is very pleased with his new phone, and I decided that I would upgrade something of my own.
       I have an ancient Sony digital camera. It is at least 10 years old, and I no longer have the cable that connects it to a computer for downloading or to charge the internal battery. After some internet research proved that a replacement cable would be too expensive, I decided to get a new digital camera. I looked at Best Buy and saw a Nikon that I really liked. It does the 4K video in 1080p, and I thought that the price wasn't too terrible. I didn't buy the camera at the store. Instead, I came home and looked it up online to see the reviews. The reviews all stated that it was an excellent camera for the price. I then noticed that it was available via Amazon, and for $50 more I could also get a case, SD card, rechargeable batteries and other things that I would have had to purchase separately if I bought the camera through Best Buy. I placed the order thru Amazon and I am hoping that the package will arrive by Tuesday, which is the projected date.
       I might use the new camera to start developing a vlog for myself. This is something I have thought about in the past, but I lacked the proper equipment for it. I am not making any guarantees, but it is a subject for me to ponder over in the coming weeks.

Comments

Popular Posts