Dreamer���s World March 02, 2018 ��� Another Milestone Passed

    February is finally over with! I really will never understand why that month lasts forever each year. At any rate, March has arrived, and it gives the impression that Spring is nearly here, although technically it doesn’t come until the 21st of this month. Now I can turn my attention to things like the move to the new apartment, which is scheduled for late April. Seeing March on the calendar gives a sense of perspective on things.
    Snoopy and The Gang will have a new home from which to issue forth these blog posts starting in April. I thought about where they might be placed in the new apartment, but until the furniture arrives and things are all set up, it isn’t anything that can be correctly determined. Rest assured that they will have a prominent place in the new apartment.
I wrote in the past about the catharsis/purge we always go through when we prepare to move. I think that I will start going through the closet this weekend and sorting things out. I know that there will be plenty of items that will not make a move with us. Hal has already begun his process. I want to have plenty of time for the process before I start on it.
We have everything all taken care of as far as the new apartment is concerned. The only thing left is to pick up the keys and make the payment when we move. Hal has already decided to use the moving company that handled our stuff last year when we moved out here, and I have no problem with that.
The other stuff that comes with moving will be handled as the time draws near. The cable tv and utility accounts will be updated, and I will get my address updated on my driver's license as well as voting registration when we move. Of course, since Hal retired from the USPS, we will get our change-of-address forms submitted to the Post Office at the appropriate time as well. I don’t have a landline phone to worry about, so that is one less thing that has to be done.
Lucky for us, the new apartment is about a mile from here so lots of things won't change at all, other than the actual street address. This will make things very convenient rather than moving to an entirely new city. Doctors, dentists, pharmacies, veterinarians will all remain the same. My weekly commute will not be impacted, the distance will be approximately the same as it is now.
Hal and I decided to go out for a quick lunch today. I had the time open on my work schedule, so it wasn’t a problem. We drove past the new apartment complex, and things look terrific. We are both looking forward to moving there. Even on a brisk and cloudy day, the place looks inviting. We ended up at another neighborhood grocery store, which will actually be closer to the new apartment than the grocery store we use now, but not so much closer as to make a real difference to us. I grabbed a sandwich from their deli to go, and Hal picked up a few necessities, so it was a good trip that didn’t take long at all.
I think that the biggest advantage after we move will be that we no longer have to sit in traffic to cross a major highway to get to anything. Both of the grocery stores are located on the other side of that highway, as well as the new apartment. This will be a significant increase in accessibility because the light cycle takes forever to cross the highway to get anywhere from here.
The afternoon was filled with the usual round of conference calls and emails. Productivity remains high, but I am delighted that it is Friday Eve and that tomorrow will be Friday. I think that time will begin to pass more quickly now that February is finally in the past, and that milestone is behind us.

Comments

Popular Posts