Dreamer's World March 23, 2018 - March Madness Is Over

    March Madness is over with, at least for me. My alma mater, the University of Kentucky, was eliminated from the tournament last night after a hard-fought and mistake-prone battle with Kansas State. I cannot sit here and say that Kentucky deserved to win for any logical reason, they played a sloppy game and were lucky to be in it until the final buzzer.
    I am not an emotional fan these days. I can no longer afford the luxury of wallowing in self-pity over a loss. I can say that the Kentucky fan base has behaved very poorly over the last few years and that behavior seems to be getting worse, at least judging from the online community. I know that some of these online fans are nothing more than children, they show the emotional response of spoiled infants when things don't go their way.
    Sadly, this immature behavior has extended to the coaching staff to a degree. After Kentucky lost last year, Kentucky coach John Calipari openly complained about the officiating in the loss, and this encouraged the childish fans to react and threaten the livelihood and the life of the official after the game. I was very annoyed with this behavior, but I hoped that there was a lesson learned and something like this would not happen again.
    Fast forward to last night, and the Kentucky coaches and team walked off the court without congratulating Kansas State after the game. I cannot excuse that behavior, it has to be condemned. If that is the lesson, then the teacher is at fault.

Comments

Popular Posts