Dreamer's World November 23 2016

The last day before Thanksgiving is here. I began cooking last night with the roast. It is in the crockpot along with potatoes, onions and green peppers. I normally cook a roast in the crockpot for about 20-24 hours so it will be ready by this evening to sample. I will make a casserole today and also the stuffing and a few other items. We will begin our feast this evening since there is no need to wait for Thursday to start. The day at work will be quiet and short. One of the advantages to working from home is that I can get things started in the kitchen without any trouble.
An unexpected surprise yesterday was that I finally was able to order my Google Pixel XL phone. I have been checking availability for weeks and last night it finally showed up. I got the silver XL with 128GB of storage and I am really looking forward to it arriving hopefully before the 28th of this month, which is the projected earliest delivery date. If it arrives a day or two later, I will still be happy. I am remaining with Project Fi. I haven’t written much about it recently because it has been so trouble-free to use. I still recommend it to my friends and acquaintances.
I did spend over 2 hours on the phone last night talking to a cousin of mine who still lives in Kentucky. She is 85 years old and still going strong. It is worth noting that most of our conversation centered on UK Basketball because practically everyone in Kentucky is a UK fan. Since there is a game on today at 1300, I plan to be watching as I make my way through the afternoon at work.
I have to make sure that Hal (person) gets off to work this morning since I am not traveling to meet with the client. There will be no meeting today since so many people have taken the day off, and that suits me just fine. Normally, I leave early on the morning on Wednesday and Hal takes off for work before I return home.
The traffic outside the window is extremely light this morning, which comes as no surprise since most people have taken today off in order to make a really long weekend. I am saving my vacation time for the spring, or in case I need a mental health day sometime. Soon I will have built back up to 80 hours which is the level I try to maintain as much as possible. I find that I can get things done when I work while most people take time off since it eliminates the distractions that normally ruin my concentration every day.
And right on cue, my back spasms are beginning again. At least I avoided the discomfort in my sciatic nerve while I was busy doing all the work in the kitchen earlier today. I will take it slowly this afternoon and prepare the stuffing later on before dinner. I can at least relax and try to stretch out to relieve the pain in my lower back as well.
As soon as work was over with, I prepared the last of the side dishes and then took a much-needed nap. When I woke up a few hours later it was time to have our Thanksgiving dinner a bit early. The roast beef with onions and potatoes and green peppers, stuffing and green bean casserole turned out very well and Hal was pleasantly surprised. We washed dinner down with a nice bottle of wine and then curled up on the couch to watch a movie. As I get ready for bed, I pronounce today a complete success.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts