Dreamer's World February 10 2016

     Another Wednesday is here. I got up early in order to catch the bus to the Metro station to take the train into DC for my weekly meeting with the client. While it is cold outside, at least we didn't get any more snow and I'm very happy about that. While I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning, I have to remember that I am fortunate enough to work from home and that Wednesday might be a hassle, but it is the only day of the week in which I have to go to all this extra trouble. 
     I am normally done with the meeting and back home by lunchtime. Today should be no different. And since today is my early day I am taking the Beetle in for routine scheduled maintenance tomorrow morning. I will drop it off late this afternoon and pick it up after work tomorrow. That will mark the end of my week, since I am taking Friday off. I'll be going for my monthly chiropractic appointment that morning and will still have a 3-day weekend. 
     The routine becomes mind-numbing after a while and I find that I work better by putting in the occasional schedule changes to shake things up. Otherwise, I become nothing more than a slave to the routine and I never want that. 
     Because I had to schedule a second meeting while I was with the client I am running later than normal as I try to get back home to have lunch and resume my workday. It is a necessary evil as far as I am concerned. 
     A change to what was scheduled for today. Hal (person) has an eye exam this afternoon and will probably have his eyes dilated, so I rescheduled my appointment to service the Beetle until the 20th of this month, and instead of Hal (person) driving there with me to get me back home, I will just wait for the Beetle that day. I don’t want Hal (person) driving to follow me to the garage after his eyes have been dilated on a sunny day.
     I am nearly done with the day at work. It has been productive and I am looking forward to a relaxing evening at home.

Comments

Popular Posts