Dreamer’s World February 2 2016 - No Sleep

At least I managed to get some sleep and wake up without feeling like I got hit by a train. The downside to this is that I woke up at around 0330 in the morning and now will struggle to get back to sleep. Thus, the perfect balance still eludes me. I will try to go back to bed in a while and sleep if I can until 0800, but I am not optimistic at this time. I will comfort myself with not feeling sore all over as I write this, it is a victory of sorts.
     When the real day starts, I will be busy. Hal (person) has made his arrangements to travel to Philadelphia later in the week for a family member’s funeral on Saturday. I am sorry that he has to do this, I really do hate funerals, but I understand. For today, nothing will change here. I will work my normal day and be totally exhausted once again by the time it is over with and hope against hope for a long and comfortable night of sleep. We will see what happens.
     So far my nocturnal adventure has been joined by Hal (cat) and by Stevie Nicks. They both know, especially Stevie Nicks, that I have suffered from insomnia in the past. Stevie Nicks has now taken her place in my lap as I try to write more of this blog post. I don’t mind her being here at all, she is happy and makes me feel that way as well. I held her for about 30 minutes and let her know how loved she was before she decided that it was time to go and explore the possibilities that only she could see. Luckily, Hal (cat) and Spartacus didn't intrude on our time together. 
     As 0500 comes and goes I am still here with no sign of sleep yet. I am remaining very quiet even though Hal (person) is in the bedroom because I don't want to wake him. I am switching between the iMac and iPhone as I continue to write using Evernote to keep things in order. I haven't used the Chromebook yet because I didn't feel like getting it out right now. If nothing else, this shows the value of Evernote as a blogging and writing tool. I occasionally still think about purchasing an MacBook, but I no longer feel that I am missing anything by not having one. I find it comforting that when my tax refund arrives that I won't feel the urge to go out and spend it on something that I really don't need.
     At least my BG levels are fine. In the past that has been the cause of my insomnia. Perhaps I am fighting off some winter crud right now because I don't quite feel 100%, and haven't for about 2 days now. I will have some oatmeal for breakfast in a while if I can't get back to sleep and hope that helps. Even though I have felt less than 100% I have at least managed to maintain my 15,000 step daily routine over the last week. I know that this is good for me in the long term so I will make every effort to continue this. 
     Another thing that crosses my mind at times like this is how well I have done with my blog. I have met some truly fascinating people by following their blogs and many of them have returned the favor and followed this one as well. I believe that we all benefit from the encouragement and the exchange of ideas. The Blogging 101 course was incredibly useful and I am sure that I will take the next course when it is offered through WordPress. The course opened my eyes to the possibilities that are out there and helped me to realize that I am not writing in a vacuum. There are other people out there just like me who feel the need to write and exchange ideas with other people. 

     0600 has arrived and at this point it seems clear to me that I will not be going back to sleep at all before i have to go to work at 0900. to be blunt, this sucks but I have to force my way through. The only option that I have would be to call in and let the job know that I am taking a day off. I really don’t want to do that, but if I am exhausted I might have no other choice. I will just keep pushing until I cannot push any more.

Comments

Popular Posts