Dreamer's World - Why I Support Bernie Sanders

 I get asked by people all the time why I plan to vote for Bernie Sanders. While some of the questions are innocent, I get plenty of these questions from people who support Hillary Clinton and most of the time my answer provokes instant arguments from her supporters. Just the fact that I believe Bernie is the best candidate seems to enrage them. So be it because I have no plans to change my mind. 
     There are several reasons I do not think Clinton is the best choice. First among these is the imperial arrogance that she and her supporters exude all of the time. The last time I checked, being a former First Lady was not an instant qualification for President. She has also been a Senator but I personally do not think that her record stacks up well against Bernie. She was also Secretary of State, which is an important position, but again even the combination of these jobs does NOT give her the RIGHT to become President. 
     There is also the manner in which she chooses to run her campaign. As in 2008, her arrogance casts a shadow over her. While she wants her mouthpieces to attack Bernie for questioning President Obama, she conveniently neglects to mention her attacks on Obama in 2008. Am I the only person who remembers the "electability" issue that she dredged up over and over again? At times I think that I must be, because her mouthpieces are already making the same attack against Bernie. 
     Another aspect I do not like is the way that she chooses to hide behind her gender when it suits her. She can genuinely proclaim that she seeks to be the first female Preaident, but she is also a manipulative politician with no qualms about trying to get her way. The "electability" issue is just one example of this. She chooses the people around her with more concern about their personal loyalty than their genuine interest in what is best for the country. I say this because too many of her supporters seem to be just on the edge of attack mode all of the time when it comes to any challenger. The more politically dangerous the challenge, the more vicious her supporters become. 
     In their world, Clinton cannot be held to answer questions that are not carefully scripted for her. Any rumor, let alone potential proof of impropriety on her part and I am reminded of Mr. Burns telling Smithers to "release the hounds". 
     Of course, this is always turned upside-down and inside-out by Clinton supporters when they attack Bernie. Between their inherited arrogance and their own desire to totally disrupt the Sanders campaign, they are some very bitter people. 
     Speaking of campaigning, why is it that Clinton always takes ideas that Bernie has espoused? Could it be that people are tired of politicians like her lying to us? From free college to health care to income inequality, Clinton has parroted ideas that were first introduced into this presidential campaign by Bernie. This doesn't seem very much like leadership to me. 
     I am bombarded with people telling me to give up because Bernie cannot win. I remember the same types of rungs being said when I supported Barack Obama in 2008. I hope that the outcome for Clinton will be the same this year as it was in 2008, and that we will be talking about President Sanders at this time next year. 

Comments

Popular Posts