Dreamer's World April 1 2016 - There are Vampires Among Us



The upcoming weekend is still a blank slate, and I prefer it that way. Things will happen or they won't and I don't have the circle of friends that plans things out. In fact, I don't really hear from them about getting together at all, so they are falling into the category of "acquaintances" more than "friends" at this point. I don't let that bother me because there is nothing I can do about it anyway.


I am very happy with my life right now. While there are always things that can be improved, I see no reason to focus on the things that are out of my control. I make the best of each and every day. I focus my time and attention on Hal (person) and The Stooges when I am not consumed by work, and this makes everything pleasant for me and for them. There is no reason to try to force change onto this situation. If "friends" want to be involved, they have to understand that they have their place, and since they have not chosen to be deeply involved for the most part, it is truly up to them to even attempt to initiate those changes.


I honestly believe that we spend too much of our time trying to appease other people and that is a bad way to spend our time. If we are not happy with ourselves and our own situation, how can we hope to improve things by avoiding the issue and attempting to replace that happiness by placing that effort onto dealing with other people? I have tried that in the past and always felt more empty as a result. When the other people are not around, you are still forced to at last deal with yourself. If you are unhappy with yourself, then you will find that all your energy went to those other people and all that you will have left is despair.


Breaking that habit was incredibly difficult. It meant putting people out of my life because they were, in a way, vampires that sucked the life energy out of me and gave nothing in return.

Comments

Popular Posts