Dreamer's World April 23 2016 - Impulse Buying and My Bucket List


Normally, I try my best to resist the urge to impulse buy anything. I want to be fiscally responsible, and impulse buying flies in the face of that strategy. However, I also have a list of things that I have always wanted to do, and learning to play the guitar is one of them. Sometimes the impulse overrides the logic.
Very early this morning as I was unable to get any sleep, I was flipping through the hundreds of channels on cable and ran across the Home Shopping Network. Normally, I avoid changes like this but the guide mentioned something about guitars, so I decided to take a look.
They were selling the Keith Urban guitar package. This is the one that has listed in the past for as much, if not more than, $500. I decided to take a look since I had been toying with the idea of getting a guitar on my own anyway, that’s the bucket list thing.
To my surprise, the guitar package was on sale for $199. I stopped and watched for a few minutes to make sure that this was not a reduced package, but it was the original version. I decided to find my wallet and purchase one for myself. When it arrives, I will do my best to practice and learn to play the guitar at last. I know that it won’t be easy, but I hope that it is enjoyable enough to make the effort worthwhile. I purchased the Jade Green acoustic/electric model as pictured below


I am waiting for the confirmation that the item has shipped. I feel that sense of guilty pleasure for actually doing something that I have always wanted to do. I do not predict that I will become a virtuoso on the guitar, but if I can get to the point of proficiently playing chords along with some of my favorite songs, I will be happy.

Comments

Popular Posts