Dreamer's World December 02 2016

There are times when writing just doesn’t get done. I hate these times, but I have learned to accept them as I wait for the resulting deluge of writing that always results. The last few weeks have been extremely hectic around here as things with the company close out for our reporting period, and I had to make extra time for reporting on my progress against my stated goals. I then had to take the time to develop some new and achievable goals for the next 4 months and get them submitted and approved. In addition to those things, there was the normal workload to deal with, sandwiched between the endless meetings that eat up so much time each day. I had several posts written, but when I read through them I realized how bad they really were. I don’t want to post things here that are unreadable, and those posts certainly qualified.
As the end of the week arrives, things are finally slowing down. I will pick up my new Pixel XL phone from Project Fi this morning and get it set up and I am really looking forward to that. It is my gift to myself. I remember about 6 months ago when I decided to give Project Fi a chance. I have loved the service, and I decided that I was going to upgrade my phone at the first opportunity. The Nexus 5X has performed very well, but I am ready for a larger screen and more importantly, a larger battery so I won’t be carrying around a portable battery and charging cable all day.










I can take the time to explore the new phone today because I have caught up with everything after such a busy few weeks. In addition to the new phone arriving, the local team is having a late lunch this afternoon to start the weekend off right, and I am looking forward to that as well. Since it was my turn to organize the meeting, I selected a local Indian restaurant that is one of my personal favorites. I checked with everyone to make sure that there was no objection to Indian cuisine before finalizing things, so there should be no problems.
My back continues to act up. I had another chiropractor appointment yesterday and afterwards I came home and slept for nearly 5 hours. I am trying to find the right combination of stretching exercises to keep it from tightening up so badly between appointments. I am also being very careful about working out because the last thing I want to do is make my back worse in any way. I am hoping that I can deal with this without resorting to any medicine, I prefer the holistic approach.
The lunch was terrific. Afterwards, I came home to pick up Hal (person) and we went to look at 2 apartments that we hadn’t seen before. Sadly, neither of them will make the list, but it never hurts to look around. After a nice dinner we came home and rested for the evening.

Comments

Popular Posts