Dreamer’s World July 17, 2017 – The New Doctor

I had been wondering about the person who would be the next Doctor Who when the Xmas special episode airs at the end of this year. Yesterday, along with everyone else, I found out the answer. Jodie Whittaker will become the Doctor and I wish her the very best.
Obviously, she will be the first female Doctor in the history of the show. I found it interesting that she and the BBC had to issue a statement like this in 2017, but apparently there are still a lot of repressed and small-minded people out there who cannot accept change. A show with a 50+ year history about an alien species main character should never have to go to this level of explanation other than to silence the primitive critics who shout out their middle-aged displeasure from their parents’ basements as they type away under the light of a single bulb and imagine that they are somehow important to the world at large.
    Personally, I am sad to see Peter Capaldi leave the show, but I agree with his decision to do so. I believe that his talent was wasted by poor storylines and too much emphasis placed on supporting characters, especially in his first 2 seasons. He always shone through the muck, and occasionally he was able to really demonstrate what his character could do when the scripts allowed for it. For Jodie Whittaker, I wish her the best and I also hope that the writers responsible for the subpar storylines of the last 3 years are finally freed up to go somewhere else to write, never to be seen in the Whoniverse again.
    This is one of those posts that I wanted to write to get myself back into the routine again this week. No time like the present.

Comments

Popular Posts