Dreamer’s World July 7, 2017 – Stevie Nicks

    Today I will write about the last of The Stooges, Stevie Nicks. She is the diva of the house and she knows it
    Stevie Nicks came to live with us in 2011. We had just moved to Virginia and my old cat, named U.K. had just passed away at the age of 19. I was heartbroken to say the least. We already had Spartacus and his brother Maxwell at the time, but Hal (person) and I have always felt that 3 is the perfect number of cats because they will always find ways to occupy each other rather than get moody and depressed. We adopted Stevie Nicks from the local shelter, but we were never quite sure of her background since she was approximately 2 years old. We believe that she had lived at least part of her life on the street, which is a shame for any cat, let alone one as beautiful as she is. I believe that someone had adopted her and then had to place her up for adoption again due to a move.
    At any rate, I was the one who visited with Stevie Nicks in the room at the shelter and she instantly won my heart. She walked around the room and then decided that my lap was a great place to sit and see everything. I knew then that she was the cat that I wanted. Her name had already been given to her by the shelter staff, and it fits her perfectly to this day.
    Stevie Nicks became the Alpha when she arrived because Spartacus and Maxwell had always accepted UK as their leader in the past. Within a week, they were all best of friends and she and Spartacus remain very close to this day. When Hal The Cat arrived in 2015, there was friction with her because Hal The Cat was another Alpha, and a male as well. Their adjustment period to each other lasted about a month and they will still have some encounters with each other, but now those tend to be playful rather than aggressive.
    Stevie Nicks remains my little girl. She is healthy and happy, and we hope that she will be with us for many more years to come.

Comments

Popular Posts