Dreamer’s World July 25, 2017 – At Least It Isn't Monday Again

    The best thing about Mondays is that they eventually turn into Tuesdays and life moves onwards. I was working on the project document all day yesterday before I held a meeting with my supervisor who has a lot of experience with technical writing. We smoothed out more rough edges on my document and I believe that we are finally in the last phase before completion. It will be a huge relief to me to finally have this done, and I hope that next time will not be as painful and unpleasant for me.
    This morning, I am happy to report that I slept very well. I feel much better and am looking forward to continuing work on the project so it will be complete by the end of the week. Thankfully, I won't have to take Hal to and from work again this evening and I can try to get some more rest tonight. I find it amazing how much sleep can affect how I feel overall. Gone are the days when I could stay up late almost every night and not feel any effects.
    One thing that my professional writing experience has taught me is I need a better spell check software app than the one that comes with Microsoft Word. I am running a comparison between Ginger and Grammarly for the time being, so I can detect errors in spelling and context. I will decide which one is best for me after a period of time. I tend to get rather sloppy when I write and the most annoying mistake I will make is to capitalize the first two letters in a word. I would love for either Ginger or Grammarly to detect this, especially when I am typing in the Google Doc format. I suppose that this is one small benefit of the experience.

    My day has been spent working on the document until I go blind from proofreading, followed by rest and then some short bursts of more creative writing in this blog. The afternoon will repeat the same pattern except that there will be more meeting that I must attend thrown in. I am already looking forward to the end of the workday at 1530. There are no plans to do anything this evening and that is fine with me. I need the rest and I hope that I can get another good night of sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts