Dreamer’s World July 6, 2017 – Spartacus The Cat


    I recently wrote about Hal The Cat, the youngest of the Stooges. I was trying to think about another topic for today when Spartacus decided that it was time to sit in my lap and go to sleep. I didn’t want to disturb him while he was there so I didn’t want to move around to grab my phone to take a picture. Once Spartacus woke up, he wandered onto the bed and had another nap. I did manage to catch him as he woke up
    Spartacus is a handsome and distinguished cat of 15 years. He isn’t as active as he used to be unless there is a can of food being opened. The amazing part is that he eats like a horse and never gains any weight. He is in good health for a senior citizen, and he remains affectionate and calm. Spartacus is Hal’s baby, he spends most of his time with Hal (person) while I am working, and he is almost always on Hal’s lap. That is the reason I treasure the moments when Spartacus wants to spend time with me.
    Unlike Hal The Cat and Stevie Nicks, Spartacus was a tiny kitten when he arrived home with us. Spartacus has never lived a day on the streets, and his nature reflects that. Spartacus is trusting and friendly to everyone, although he does tend to wait more for people to come and admire him as he has gotten older. Because he has never been threatened, his nature is wonderful around people. This carries over to his relations with Hal The Cat and Stevie Nicks. He seldom argues with them, he knows that he is the senior cat around here and that his needs will be attended to. The lack of struggle has not made him spoiled.
    We adopted Spartacus and his brother Maxwell (2002-2015) at the same time. I was the one who named Spartacus because he was the runt of the litter and I was reminded of mu own Mom who was the youngest child of many and ended up orphaned. Spartacus struck me as a little fighter because he wasn’t afraid of anything. That was the trait that allowed him to survive.

    Hal (person) and myself are extremely fortunate to have Spartacus with us. He enriches our lives each day. We all know that we are loved whenever Spartacus looks at us.

Comments

Popular Posts