Dreamer's World September 11 2015

    Today is a day when I will completely boycott television. I refuse to be part of the enforced militarism that this day entails. I grieve for those who lost their lives 14 years ago, but the best way to honor them is to move forward. I have watched this day become a disgusting faux-patriotism quasi-religious noxious mixture that is poured down our throats each year. I will not be boycotting television for the first time on this date, it became apparent that this was going to be a pattern after the first 2-3 years of this type of “rememberance”.
    Initially, this day was used to drum up support for an unnecessary war that we were led into with the patriotic music blaring all around us. The facts later proved that the war was a mistake, and today we are still finding out the true damage that was caused by the incompetent action of the GWB administration.
    I have been called every name in the book by those who demand that I conform and take my assigned place in the hysteria and emotionalism of this day. I wear their disdain as a badge of honor, and I wear it proudly. The politicization of the tragedy truly diminishes it in my eyes, and I cannot in good conscience pretend otherwise. This blog post might provoke more of that hatred towards me. I can handle it.
    Other than the tragic loss of life on this day 11 years ago, the most disturbing result was the ease with which so many Americans willingly gave up their individual freedom in favor of the collective mass enforced fake patriotism. In my 51 years, I have never seen Americans so easily turn on each other over the definition of what it means to be an American. Tyrants throughout history would be proud that their lessons live on after they are gone, especially in the USA.
    The willingness of RWNJ to put these false divisions into our society is apparent in many other ways every single day of the year. The revelations about police brutality that should alarm us instead have emboldened RWNJ to believe that the police can do no wrong. Anyone who supports BLM must, in their warped opinion, be somehow “un-American”. People who come to this great land seeking a better life as has been the case for centuries, are “illegal” and cannot possibly be considered “refugees”. Refugee implies legitimacy, “illegal” does the opposite. Yet here we are, 14 years later, more divided than ever with a group that is so hell-bent on chaos and hatred.
    The hatred displays itself in other ways. The ridiculous situation with the Kentucky clerk who refused to perform her JOB because of her “religious” beliefs, also called HATRED, just showed how well the RWNJ have infiltrated into every aspect of society. Disagree with them and you are not only “anti-American”, you must also be evil because you don’t agree with their vision of some imaginary being that allegedly guides their miserable lives.
    I will be boycotting the TV today. My mind is my own. SHould you choose to take part in the ceremonies for any reason, I respect your choice, and hope that you will respect mine.

Comments

Popular Posts