Dreamer's World July 12 2016 - Thank You, Bernie Sanders




I want to take this opportunity to thank Senator Bernie Sanders for his presidential run. He opened our eyes to the possibilities of being “for” something rather than simply voting “against” the other candidate. I was thrilled when I learned that he was going to run, but quite honestly, I never expected the tremendous reaction that he would cause. It proves that the American people are sick and tired of the political BS that we have to deal with all the time.
Bernie gave us hope that there IS a better way forward. He stood by his principles throughout his political career and that is a rare thing at any time in our history. He was attacked from the start by democrats (small d purposeful) since he was an Independent. I can think of no better term to describe Bernie than Independent. He refused the corporate money machines that poison our political process, and instead appealed directly to the American people.
Bernie’s campaign also revealed some very ugly truths about our system. The primaries were a tangled web of flawed elections, and I believe, outright FRAUD. It became obvious once Bernie gained momentum that he was going to be the ENEMY of Clinton. Her supporters began a never-ending stream of social media attacks on anyone who supported Bernie. I dealt with those people by blocking them. It was pointless to argue with someone who had been brainwashed or bought and paid for.
I thank you once again, Bernie Sanders for running a clean and honorable campaign. I cannot fault you for your decision, because it was not mine to make. I believe that you have accomplished something great that you set out to do, and that is to wake the people up and let them know that there is a better way to do things. You said “This isn’t about me, it’s about US”, and I agree.
Having said that, I turn my attention to the future. I cannot conceive of anything that Clinton can do to earn my vote. Her sense of being entitled to the offiece of POTUS simply grates on my nerves. I simply do not trust her. I am supporting Dr. Jill Stein of the Green Party from this point on.

Comments

Popular Posts