Dreamer's World July 9 2016 - A Thought That Frightens Me

I am unable to shake the feeling that we are all in serious trouble. The tragic events that continually unfold around us every single day are emotionally exhausting. They cry out for attention and for our compassion and efforts to make things better, but far too many people have taken the position that these things are normal, and that any attempt to reach an understanding or solution to the problems that we face are nothing more than a sign of weakness. This outlook is a self-fulfilling prophecy because ignoring these problems will surely lead to those very same problems growing beyond our ability to control or influence in the future.
I believe that the real culprit to all of this is GREED. THere are far too many people who mistakenly believe that everyone else is out to get them, and more importantly, whatever material possessions they have. Of course these are the same people who measure the worth of their own lives by the material possessions they can accumulate. That focus on THINGS, rather than on PEOPLE, is the root of the problem. Too many people are governed by fear and this is the natural companion to greed.
I am not a materialistic person. The things that I have are transitory. After I’m dead, others can fight over my meagre belongings all they want. I don’t measure my life or my success by how many things I have, I am more ethereal than that. Perhaps this is why I see things in such a different way than so many others. When I see someone in need, my first instinct is not to question how they reached that condition, but rather to help them if I am able to do so. The greedy people will always try to associate some type of flawed character to anyone who doesn’t fit into their micro-box reality. The really sad part is that these same people will always justify their hateful actions with their own peculiar warped religious nonsense. Heaven must love a hypocrite, because those are the people who are so sure that they are “saved”.
Personally, I think that religion is a MINDFUCK designed to maintain the status quo, protect those in power, and quash dissent. I have no use for religion in my life and for the most part I am very happy. Only a fool would claim to be happy all of the time, and once again, the religious lunatics fill that niche rather nicely. I think that t is impossible to be truly happy when others are suffering, and simply ignoring the problem will never make it go away. Trying to to save the world with religion is like spraying air freshener all over the place instead of taking out the garbage.
I wish that I had all the answers, but once again the religious lunatics seem to feel that they are the holders of some sacred truth that defies the cause of humanity. I know that the problems our society faces will not be solved quickly, nor will the solutions be easy. And yet, these things have to be acknowledged and addressed in order for us to move forward. To willingly condemn a portion of the population to poverty and despair will surely lead to that portion of the population finally screaming “ENOUGH!” at the top of their lungs. To do nothing is a choice with repercussions just as surely as taking direct action against the problems are.

Comments

Popular Posts