Dreamer's World May 30 2015 - The Advantage Of Having A Camera With Us At All Times









I will show my age with this post. I remember when a camera was not something that we always had with us on our phones. Of course we didn’t have cell phones either back then. When I grew up, a camera was something that was brought out on a special occasion, such as a birthday or a holiday. Today, everyone has a cell phone with a camera, and there is something to be said for the amount of really useless photos that people will take.
On the other hand, having a camera readily available does mean that some special moments are never lost. That was the case yesterday for me. After a day working from home, I was ready to relax and enjoy the afternoon. The only thing that I had to do was to put a few things into my briefcase so I wouldn’t forget where they were over the weekend. As I went to my briefcase, I found this:


Stevie Nicks had decided that my briefcase offered the purrfect spot to soak up the sun during the afternoon. She always has lived up to her namesake, bring the Diva that she is. At that point, I luckily remembered to grab the iPhone and start snapping pictures of her. This would not have been the case many years ago. There would have been the going to find the camera, hoping that there was film in it, and then returning only to find that Stevie Nicks had left her spot.
So, I am glad to have my camera with me at all times. I resist the urge to take a picture of everything in sight, there is something of the old school in me when it comes to that.
That picture was taken on Friday. Today, Stevie Nicks was posing once again.





And. once again, I am glad that I had the camera :)

Comments

Popular Posts