Dreamer's World June 3 2015


I'm happy to report that I got a good night of sleep and am feeling great this morning as I ride the bus to Metro on my way to meet with the client. Every Wednesday it is the same routine, although since I work from home now I can catch the apartment shuttle to Metro and save a little money by doing so. Unfortunately, the apartment shuttle doesn't run during his middle of the day so I do have to use the regular bus to get back home from Metro after I finish my meeting.
There are few things as frustrating as going to meet with the client only to discover that their schedule has changed at the last minute. I am on my way back home after spending over an hour waiting for a meeting that never happened. Supposedly, the meeting will take place at some point, but I have other work that needs to be done. There are a few meetings that I have to attend before going to a team-building event in the early afternoon. That would normally be the end of my workday, but I had to reschedule meetings with my supervisor until 1700. I normally am done with work by 1530, but there are always sacrifices to be made.
At least tomorrow will be Thursday and 1 day closer to payday. With any luck, the warmer weather will return tomorrow as well. The hight temperature today will not even approach 65 degrees with cloudy skies. It feels like I am in Seattle rather than Washington, DC right now.
The day is almost over now. The team lunch was fun, and then I returned home for the early evening 1-1 with my supervisor. I was amazed when she said that I can take that time back on Friday afternoon!
Tomorrow is supposed to be another dreary and rainy day. Perhaps we will see the sun again someday.

Comments

Popular Posts