Dreamer's World June 17 2015 - Memories of Summer Mornings






How many times have you felt a sense of déjà vu on a beautiful summer morning? It's like receiving a postcard from your childhood when the world was full of wonders and possibilities, and we didn't have a care in the world. The biggest decision we had to make was where to ride our bicycles to, and who we would play with on a glorious day such as this.
Even as I sit on a bus that is stuck in traffic, going nowhere fast, this glorious morning is one of those that seems to have been plucked from my own childhood. I can feel the freedom that I lack now, calling to me. Since I cannot answer it verbally I have to write these words in response. It seem as if time has been somehow interrupted when memories like these happen. We watch our current selves going through the motions of our everyday lives, and yet we can see the past so clearly, it doesn't take much for our tenuous hold on the here and now to vanish.
I think that these memories are sent to us as a reminder to just be happy and carefree every once in a while.

Comments

Popular Posts