Dreamer's World August 12 2015

This is my early day at work. I was up and out the door before 0730 this morning. The meeting with the client went very well, and I'm happy about that. I am on the bus, making my way home and looking forward to my day ending at 1530 rather than 1730. I'll still have meetings to attend via conference call, but I can relax as I listen in.
Spartacus recovered from his upset stomach last night and was frisky and playful before I left this morning. I'm so glad he felt better last night. Just like Maxwell and Stevie Nicks, he's part of the family.
I finished the workday and am now at the Chiropractor's office. I arrived early, but traffic was still a pain in the ass to get here. I will feel much better after the adjustment, I always do. The day at work was uneventful due to a system outage that is beyond my control with no guarantee that it will be repaired by tomorrow. This led me to cancel my meeting tomorrow since I couldn't make any necessary system changes today as I normally would.
I am glad to report that all of Hal's birthday gifts have arrived. His birthday is tomorrow and I will take him out to dinner to celebrate. It will just be the two of us. The unnecessary party (Hal's words) will take place on Saturday evening, and will involve negotiating the land mines of other people's wrecked relationships. These get-together are old and really a waste of time since we need an updated program of who is speaking to whom for each event! When my birthday rolls around in January, I am refusing to attend any of these social train wrecks. The drama days are behind us, and I don't need to go back to them.
I hope that the traffic is better on my way home later this evening. I just have to get through tomorrow at work, take Hal to dinner for his birthday and then I am taking Friday off from work. I still have my eye exam on Friday, and I will be ordering new glasses on Saturday. The 3 full weeks until my mini-vacation still seems light years away right now. I just had to give in and listen to my mind and body to take Friday off work.
I strongly suspect that either Friday or Saturday, I will be looking for a good used laptop. I want to get Mint Linux up and running on a machine soon, but the very, very old laptop I do have simply isn't cutting it anymore. The 386 processor has reached the end of its life, and I will make sure that the next laptop is NOT a Toshiba! The BIOS is all messed up and I cannot get Linux to install no matter how many settings I change.
Sadly, the trip home from the Chiropractor was just as disastrous as the trip there. It took me over an hour to get home at a time when traffic should have been light. There was an accident on the Beltway that messed things up tremendously. I had some chili for dinner after I got home and my BG is still doing very well. I am looking forward to, and hoping for, a good night’s sleep tonight.
That wraps things up for today. I hope that everyone has had a great day and will have an even better day tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts